In addition to providing SSDI advocacy and Medicare Decision support, Brown & Brown Absence Services Group is proud to offer our clients, as well as friends and family, other forms of assistance during what may be a mentally, physically, and financially difficult time.
Here, we want to take a moment to highlight two great services you can utilize to save money on prescription costs or to find affordable forms of health insurance, such as Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage or Medicaid.
Get a free prescription savings card, powered by NeedyMeds
NeedyMeds is a national nonprofit that connects people to healthcare savings and educational programs, free of charge. The NeedyMeds drug discount card is accepted at more than 65,000 pharmacies nationwide. Brown & Brown Absence Services Group has partnered with NeedyMeds to bring prescription savings cards directly to you! Here’s how it works:
- Click here for the various ways to get your card. For quick convenience, you can download a digital copy right to your phone or print your card at home!
- You can begin using the NeedyMeds drug discount card immediately – there are no fees, paperwork, or enrollments required. Your card number is not unique to you, so you can even share it with family & friends!
- Use the NeedyMeds Pharmacy Search Tool located here to enter the name of your prescription medication, along with your zipcode to find the lowest price near you with the touch of a button! You can also hand the card to the pharmacist directly and ask him/her to compare pricing for EACH medication with the price from your health coverage (if applicable).
- Anyone can get a NeedyMeds drug discount card from Brown & Brown free of charge, so be sure to tell your family & friends that they can download/print their own card to start saving money on their prescriptions as well!
- If you have questions about the card, email [email protected]
Explore affordable health insurance options through HealthSherpa
HealthSherpa is an online platform that makes it easier to shop for & enroll in Affordable Care Insurance (ACA) and to apply for Medicaid. ACA insurance is type of insurance many people turn to when they experience a qualifying life event, such as losing insurance coverage. Brown & Brown Absence Services Group is proud to offer you and your loved ones an easier path to resources that could significantly shape your financial future. Here’s some more information about HealthSherpa:
- HealthSherpa is free to use, as well as being the largest enrollment platform for ACA health coverage, having helped over 9 million people enroll in health coverage!
- HealthSherpa is a trusted, secure partner of HealthCare.gov. Their website displays the exact same plans and prices as Healthcare.gov with no extra costs, from all insurers. There is no bias in sorting, recommendations, or display.
- HealthSherpa was the first to partner with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on their Enhanced Direct Enrollment technology, so their enrollment process is streamlined and fast.
- Click here to shop and self-enroll into ACA coverage. You may also do this via phone, if you would prefer, by calling (844) 569-1712.
If you are interested in utilizing the NeedyMeds drug discount card, click here. If you’d like to explore your healthcare coverage options with HealthSherpa, click here. If you have additional questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the Brown & Brown Absence Services Group team.
Nothing in this post is intended as advice or a suggestion to elect or not elect to claim benefits of any kind, including Social Security benefits, nor is it intended as financial advice in any way. The decision to claim benefits is a personal one that is contingent upon each individual’s unique circumstances. Nothing herein is considered medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.